Top 10 Reasons Cybersecurity Professionals Join ISSA
- Build professional relationships
- Keep up on developments in information security/risk/privacy
- Content of chapter meetings
- Professional development or educational programming offerings
- Earn CPEs/CPUs
- Learn practical/best practices solutions
- Career information and employment opportunities
- Advance the profession
- Give back to the profession
- Develop the next generation of cybersecurity professionals
Dynamic Programs to Boost Your Professional Success
- Local Chapters: No other professional information security organization provides local networking and educational opportunities. The ISSA’s 157 chapters and its members can become your strongest allies when support is needed to get the job done. Visit the Chapter Directory to find a local chapter near you.
- Professional Networking: Deepen existing business relationships and make new contacts on a regular and on-going basis. The networking opportunities ISSA provides goes beyond the exchange of business cards. As you attend local chapter meetings, become active on a committee or take a prominent leadership role, you’ll forge lasting ties with others all who have common professional interests and similar business concerns. These relationships will be rich, ongoing sources of inspiration and ideas. Learn what other IS professionals in your area are doing, and share your experiences and successes with colleagues in other ISSA chapters. Contacts developed through networking are extremely beneficial for benchmarking security practices and as a resource for you to validate security product functionality.
- Education: The ISSA Chapter meetings, regional events, and the annual conference serve as vital educational and professional resources, offering in-depth and timely information about the information security industry. Meetings and events help you obtain skills and develop solutions to further your success. Educational opportunities include comprehensive workshops, seminars, knowledgeable guest speakers, and presentations on new technologies in the industry. ISSA also provides members with additional discounts to a spectrum of security conferences.
- Advance Career: The networking and training you receive through the ISSA will provide a means to identify potential career opportunities and can get you known to those in hiring positions. The ISSA also provides updated job postings on its Web site. Plus, you can earn CPEs for various certifications by attending meetings and conferences sponsored by the ISSA.
- Leadership Opportunities: Get involved. Promote information security in your company, industry, and your community. At the local Chapter and ISSA Board levels, you can participate, learn, and help spread the word about the vital importance of information security.
- Recognition: Become an ISSA author or speaker. ISSA welcomes articles from members for publication on the ISSA Web site and in The ISSA Journal. Share your ideas about security, management, solutions, and innovation. Making a presentation about how you have applied security technology to address risks or ways you have adapted practices to solve problems helps other ISSA members and will identify you as an information security professional who is willing to share ideas and experiences. Plus, you can earn CISSP CPEs.
- Access to Information: The ISSA Web site, http://www.issa.org/, provides a one-stop site for information professionals to quickly find useful information on security technologies and practices. The ISSA Journal is the Association’s monthly journal that provides members with up-to-date technical, association, and chapter news..
- Justify Membership to My Employer: Understand the ISSA Benefit, Be Specific, and Make the Case.